- (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being
- (in certain other religions) A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity
- An image, idol, animal, or other object worshiped as divine or symbolizing a god
- Used as a conventional personification of fate
- An adored, admired, or influential person
- A thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god
- The gallery in a theater
- The people sitting in this area
It is so hard for me to wrap my little brain around an almighty powerful God. This past week I have actually found myself trying to do and failing. A King who is jealous for me, A Father who’s love for me is all consuming, A Friend who gets me – knows what I’m thinking before I ever utter a word.
How on earth is this even possible? I cannot see a King concerning himself with me, what I am going through. A Father who loves me regardless of what I do or have done, one who sings over me?! What is that about? A Friend who gets me, just for just – Har!
You see, I have been taught otherwise, by the movies I have watched, the books I have read and the people I have interacted with, such things are unheard of. If you really loved me, you wouldn’t have let me go through this suffering, if you were all knowing, why didn’t you warn me?
The Bible calls you: Supreme Being. King of Kings. Father. Creator. Hater. Ruler. Cause of Wars, Disease & Famine. Corrupt. Abba. Love. Lover. Intimate Friend. Almighty. Powerful. Comforter. Faithful. Just.
But what does the Bible know?
There was no AIDS or suicide Bombers in that day. God seemed to speak a lot during that time, today… the only time I have audibly heard from you, it has cost me a price. I heard that you created me unique, then why did you place me near those that constantly make me ‘feel’ un-unique
Bible tells us who you are, but I need to know, who are you??
Can I even define you? Do I even know how to start defining you? How can I trust you, if my definition of trust is nowhere near yours? Rumour has is it, you defend me – but once again, I cannot see any evidence of this. You see, I believe what I see.
How do I know You?